Sexual assaults on Tube rise 42 per cent since 2015

first_imgThe number of reported sexual assaults on the London Underground has risen 42 per cent over the last four years, according to new data. She added: “We know that for too long these crimes have gone unreported, but as a result of the Report It to Stop It campaign, the number of people reporting these disgusting crimes with the confidence that action will be taken, has increased.” Read more: Bank Tube station upgrade hits major milestone TfL said it has had success running undercover patrols on the Tube, focusing on the Central Line, where it plans to install CCTV from next year. Detective inspector David Udomhiaye, of the British Transport Police (BTP), said the force expects a rise in sexual offences after launching its Report It To Stop It campaign in April 2015. Ben Millis A TfL spokesperson said: “We have met with the RMT to reiterate our commitment to ensuring the safety of our staff and outline the steps we have taken to address their feedback. We will continue to engage with them to ensure all staff feel safe and secure while performing their duties.” However, Mick Cash, general secretary of the RMT union, accused TfL of contributing to the rise through staff cuts and a lack of investment in safety measures. “Though it is clearly a concern that so many people are affected by this type of crime, it is pleasing that previously reluctant victims of sexual offences now have the confidence to report this to us,” he told the Independent. Monday 23 September 2019 4:18 pm Attacks on the capital’s transport network have jumped from 844 in 2015-16 to 1,206 in 2018-19, the PA news agency’s analysis of figures found. A poster, aimed at EU citizens living in the UK, encourages EU nationals to apply to the Government’s post-Brexit EU settlement scheme, is pictured through a carriage of a London Underground tube train, at St James’s Park underground station in London on March 25, 2019. – The scheme will allow EU nationals and their family members who have lived in the UK for five years without a break, to obtain settled status — enabling them to continue to live and work in the UK indefinitely. (Photo by Adrian DENNIS / AFP) (Photo credit should read ADRIAN DENNIS/AFP/Getty Images) center_img whatsapp “RMT will not be fobbed off and if Tube bosses think they can just kick the can down the road on violent assaults on the Tube network then they need to think again, and quickly,” Cash said. The RMT is planning now planning industrial action on the District Line over the issue of staff’s personal safety. Sexual assaults on Tube network have risen 42 per cent since 2015 by Taboolaby TaboolaSponsored LinksSponsored LinksPromoted LinksPromoted LinksYou May LikeNoteableyJulia Robert’s Daughter Turns 16 And Looks Just Like Her MomNoteableyDaily FunnyFemale Athlete Fails You Can’t Look Away FromDaily FunnyPast Factory4 Sisters Take The Same Picture For 40 Years. Don’t Cry When You See The Last One!Past FactoryFinanceChatterViewers Had To Look Away When This Happened On Live TVFinanceChatterMisterStoryWoman files for divorce after seeing this photoMisterStoryPost FunWoman Refuses To Tip Waiter But Didn’t Realize What She Left At The TablePost Funbonvoyaged.comThese Celebs Are Complete Jerks In Real Life.bonvoyaged.comYourDailyLamaHe Used To Be Handsome In 80s Now It’s Hard To Look At HimYourDailyLamaOne-N-Done | 7-Minute Workout7 Minutes a Day To a Flat Stomach By Using This 1 Easy ExerciseOne-N-Done | 7-Minute Workout Read more: Shaun Bailey confirms he would hike Tube fares as London mayor Saying TfL has given “a green light to those with criminal intent”, Cash added: “Both passengers and staff alike are being subjected to an unprecedented surge in crime and violence.” Share whatsapp Siwan Hayward, director of policing for Transport for London (TfL) said: “TfL and British Transport Police work tirelessly to combat unwanted sexual behaviour, with 3,000 police and police community support officers dedicated to catching offenders.  More From Our Partners Astounding Fossil Discovery in California After Man Looks Closelygoodnewsnetwork.orgA ProPublica investigation has caused outrage in the U.S. this weekvaluewalk.comBrave 7-Year-old Boy Swims an Hour to Rescue His Dad and Little Sistergoodnewsnetwork.orgMatt Gaetz swindled by ‘malicious actors’ in $155K boat sale boondogglenypost.comRussell Wilson, AOC among many voicing support for Naomi Osakacbsnews.com980-foot skyscraper sways in China, prompting panic and evacuationsnypost.comPolice Capture Elusive Tiger Poacher After 20 Years of Pursuing the Huntergoodnewsnetwork.orgFlorida woman allegedly crashes children’s birthday party, rapes teennypost.comNative American Tribe Gets Back Sacred Island Taken 160 Years Agogoodnewsnetwork.orglast_img read more